09 February 2009

a picture is worth a thousand words, and i've got none.

So bad news. Today I was showing my friends the pictures I took this weekend at the wedding only to find that all the pictures pre-last Monday are gone. Yes, gone. This is totally my fault for letting my host cousins play around with my camera at the family reunion yesterday and I should have known better, but it is still really unfortunate, as my pictures were really nice and artsy and now they are gone. I guess it just gives me an excuse to go back to some places, though, which sounds good to me! Luckily a few of them are already saved on my Facebook page, and Morgan said I can swipe some of hers. Also, when I uploaded the pictures of me in my kaba last week, the computer erased those from my camera so as of right now, no more pictures until further notice - writing will have to suffice! Thanks for following and for the comments - I love every single one!

Love from the 'Roon!
kmi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comment!!! Xx

Annelyse said...

Way to go slick! You're writing is so beautiful though that pictures are just extreneous anyway.

Mary said...

Katydid! Sorry about the pictures! Aackk!
But no kidding, it's great that you described the wedding(s) and reception in such detail - and before you knew that the pictures were lost. But guess what, it's only February, and I will bet that many more photogenic festivals and photo ops lie ahead of you! Take advantage of every single one, from here on out!
We had another 4 inches of snow here last night and it's right around freezing. We had a huge snow avalanche that came roaring down the mountain just south of town, and took out the powerline a few days ago. It was 15 to 20 feet high and 200 feet wide the whole length of it. So we are still in the midst of winter. The locks on my car doors are freezing shut at night, and all I can do is think how lovely warm it probably is in Cameroon! Do you ever even have to wear a sweater?
I gave Russian-America history gallery tours to two classes of 4th graders today and they were so squirrelly! I looked up the phase of the moon, and sure enough, it's a full moon! Do people in Cameroon have superstitions about the moon or do you know if your host family has any extended family in the countryside that maybe still do agricultural farming - and might be more connected to like, planting by the phases of the moon? I'm so interested in that! I've tried over the years to learn if Tlingit people did that years ago, but for one, they aren't a farming people, and two, it rains (or snows) here all the time! Anyway, just curious. Write some more. Clearly, your fan base is loving it! Grammy loves the fact that you said people say, "Voila la blanche! Voici la blanche!"
Do you need anything?