Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for and I hope this shows up...my first kaba! This is the traditional dress for Cameroonian women, and comes in many styles, and I went with the moumou one for my first one, which Mama Solange sewed for me in literally 2 hours last Sunday! Let me know what you think! Love from Yaoundé, kmi
04 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Gorgeous Kaba! and Gorgeous Mama Solange! miss you lots!
(haha first comment---AGAIN!)
I want one too!!! What a talented 'Mom' you have!! Ask her to teach you to sew on her Singer machine! The one in the hall is exactly like it!!! Then, you, can make your own Kabas!!! You look gorgeous and have room to grow!! A bit risque with that off the shoulder look --- nice tan, too! Xx
TWO HOURS??? Holy crap. Love it! Love you!
You're so pretty! Love the pictures, keep them coming.
Katydid, it is freezing here, and snowing again. The house is drafty and work is difficult at the moment..... Seeing the picture of you in warm Cameroon in your new kaba, and the beautiful tile floors in your host family's home, and beautiful Mama Solange at work on your dress ... warmed me immediately, and totally, totally made me smile! We're so proud of you!
The pics of the beach are lovely too. What is going on with your hair? Are those corn rows? Do people do them over there? More, more!
And thanks so much for the pictures, you Cameroonian beauty, you!
You look AMAZING in that! Hope yu are having fun!
Awesome pictures-thanks for posting them! It is GREAT to see your smiling face! Love, DAD
i love it!! please wear it at dickinson :)
Hi! I think it looks awesome!! I think its awesome that you are having such a great time and that you are having so many varied experiences! I miss you litle!
wow kaitlin, your blog kicks my blogs butt...lol I am so glad you are having a blast!
Post a Comment